This Policy is also notification to individuals of the matters required to be notified by the Australian Privacy Principles.
An individual who provides personal information to IGT, either directly or through a service provider of IGT, has access to this Policy.
By providing personal information to IGT and having access to this Policy, an individual consents to IGT collecting, holding, using and disclosing personal information in accordance with this Policy.
Collection of Personal Information
IGT collects personal information only in the context of our commercial dealings with individuals.
The type of personal information IGT collects from individuals and how IGT uses that information may vary, based on the nature of our relationship with an individual, the nature of the products and services IGT provides and IGT's regulatory requirements.
Types of Personal Information collected
The type of personal information IGT collects includes an individual's name, email address, postal address, delivery addresses, telephone numbers, credit card details, bank account information, photographs, drivers' license, copies of licenses issued by gaming regulators, gender, date of birth and occupation.
As a result of IGT's regulatory and reporting obligations, if an individual does not provide personal information IGT will not be able to provide (or continue providing) its products or services.
How personal information is collected and held
Wherever possible, IGT collects the personal information of individuals directly from those individuals. IGT usually collects personal information:
- when an individual completes a credit application form;
- when an individual returns a mail-out seeking additional information about IGT's products or services;
- when an individual submits enquiries via IGT's website;
- at industry expos;
- during telephone conversations with IGT's staff or independent contractors;
- during service attendances;
- when IGT undertakes sales and promotional activities;
- when an individual registers to use the website where this Policy is located or linked;
- during recruitment for employees and service providers; and
- when an individual makes an inquiry or claim about a product or service.
IGT may also collect an individual's personal information from third parties, such as sales agents and contractors engaged by IGT as Independent contractors.
Personal information received by IGT is held electronically on IGT's information technology systems including servers located outside the country and may only be accessed by its authorised employees and contractors who require access in connection with the purposes described in this Policy.
Some of this personal information is also held in hard copy. This information is accessible to various staff members at IGTand any third party which is contracted by IGT to store and secure that information. Other hard copy personal information may be held for internal purposes and administration of IGT's business.
IGT protects and stores personal information by:
- utilising security measures for the premises in which personal information is held;
- restricting access to personal information to only those individuals who require access for the purpose of fulfilling the purpose for which the personal information is collected;
- entering into confidentiality agreements with employees and third parties to whom we disclose that personal information in accordance with this Policy;
- ensuring that all staff are adequately trained;
- destroying or de-identifying personal information that is no longer needed.
Purposes for collection and use of Personal Information
IGT collects, holds, uses and discloses personal information for the purposes of ensuring compliance with its regulatory and reporting obligations both within and outside of Australia, and for:
- provision of trading accounts to customers;
- facilitating the purchase and delivery of a product or service;
- handling inquiries or claims about a product or service;
- providing maintenance or after-sale services with respect to a product or service previously provided;
- security checks to verify the identity of an individual;
- as required by law or a court or tribunal order;
- direct marketing purposes;
- any related, secondary or ancillary purposes.
An individual may opt-out of receiving direct marketing communications by contacting IGT at ContactatIGTAustralia@IGT.com or contacting IGT marketing on 02 8345 3000. An individual will be given the option to opt-out of the receipt of direct marketing communications each time IGT provides direct marketing communications.
Disclosure of Personal Information:
IGT may disclose personal information to its business partners and third party service providers to perform activities in connection with the purposes described in this Policy, where required by law, gaming regulators worldwideor when IGT has received an individual's consent (either expressly or where implied by their conduct). For example, personal information may be disclosed to a mailing house that carries on mail-outs on IGT's behalf. Business partners and third party service providers are required to enter into confidentiality agreements with IGT, or have a duty of confidentiality to IGT, to ensure that any personal information disclosed to it by IGT remains confidential.
IGT may disclose personal information to organisations located outside Australia. In particular, IGT discloses personal information to group companies located in the United States and United Kingdom. IGT also discloses personal information to recipients in foreign jurisdictions for regulatory and reporting purposes. These recipients are located in any market in which IGT does business or will potentially do business and includes countries located in Europe, the Americas, Africa, Oceania and Asia.
An individual may not be informed of each occasion personal information is shared or accessed by group companies or an overseas recipient.
Express consent to foreign disclosure
By consenting to IGT's collection statement, individuals expressly acknowledge that:
- the Privacy Act will not apply to the disclosure of their personal information to an overseas recipient, both in respect to IGT or the overseas recipient;
- an overseas recipient may not be subject to any privacy obligations or to any principles similar to the APPs; and
- an overseas recipient may be required to disclose the personal information to a third party.
Access and Correction:
An individual will need to ensure that the personal information which is provided is accurate, complete and up-to-date at the time it is provided and must notify IGT of any changes.
IGT will provide access to any personal information which it holds on an individual where required by the Privacy Act. An individual will be required to provide proof of identification prior to receiving access to any personal information held by IGT. If access to personal information is denied by IGT, IGT will provide a written explanation of the reason for such denial.
If a person is able to establish that any personal information that IGT holds is incomplete or inaccurate then on request, IGT will take reasonable steps to update and correct the information within a reasonable period. IGT may refuse to correct personal information held by it. In such instances, IGT will provide a written explanation of the reason for such refusal.
An individual who seeks to exercise their rights of access and correction must contact the Privacy Officer in writing at firstname.lastname@example.org
An individual may make a complaint in writing if they believe that IGT has breached the Australian Privacy Principles or if the individual is concerned about how their personal information has been handled by IGT. In such instances, the written complaint must be sent to Privacy Officer at email@example.com and contain a detailed explanation of the complaint. IGT will respond in writing to a written complaint within 30 days of receipt.
If the complaint remains unresolved, the individual may notify the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC). Contact details can be found at the OAIC's website: www.oaic.gov.au.